Cause4 is recruiting a Development Coordinator
JOB TITLE: Development Co-ordinator
REPORTING TO: Development Manager
JOB PURPOSE: The Development Co-ordinator role is central to Cause4’s entrepreneurial fundraising and development activities on behalf of charities, philanthropists and social enterprises. It supports maximising income from a broad range of fundraising activities for a client portfolio, alongside developing new services and offers and building knowledge and understanding of the sector as a whole.
SALARY: £23,500 (40 Hours Per Week – Full Time / Permanent).
Cause4 champions new ways of scaling up charities and social enterprises supporting them to change and grow. A small team but with big ambition and a big heart, it’s not the size of project that matters to us but whether it can make an impact. Provoking change is at the heart of our mission.
Cause4 works in partnership with corporations, charities and people to develop important projects, create new business models, as well as to raise vital funds working across the charity, arts, sports and education sectors. Since set up in May 2009, Cause4 has raised over £55 million for clients and is committed to helping attract the best graduate talent to work on some of the charitable sector’s most pressing issues.
As a social enterprise and certified B-Corporation, Cause4 measures its social impact based on the level of income achieved for clients, and the associated impact of programmes across multiple beneficiary communities.
- Curious – our culture seeks to foster ideas, encourage considered risk-taking and support creativity that will achieve the best results.
- Ambitious – we actively encourage partnerships and collaboration, supporting organisations to be open to change in a fast-changing environment.
- United – we put team-working and collaboration at the heart of all our work.
- Straight-talking – we are straightforward and honest, and our communications are simple and jargon-free.
- Entrepreneurial – we aim to develop dynamic and entrepreneurial business models that support sustainable and cost-effective programmes for charities.
This is an exciting time to join Cause4’s Development Team to take on and support a varied client portfolio and contribute to a substantial track record in fundraising.
Research and Strategy Development
- To keep abreast of funding developments and items of news interest relevant to the charity and social enterprise sectors and to share knowledge with the wider team, supporting junior staff members where needed.
- To provide the Chief Executive and other colleagues with specific pieces of information when required.
- To write up research findings for client organisations and acting as a consultant to make clear recommendations to the client.
- To develop full drafts of client strategy documents independently for submission to senior members of staff, making strategic recommendations based on expertise.
- To work with the Chief Executive and other colleagues to build Cause4’s knowledge in the fundraising sector, supporting other staff members in developing their skills.
- To develop fundraising strategies on behalf of clients; to make applications supplying information of a high quality with detailed, robust budgets, and relevant monitoring and evaluation measurements.
- To grow the organisation’s wider network of Trust and Foundations, and regularly produce applications that enhance Cause4’s reputation for delivering excellent work on behalf of Trust and Foundation donors.
- To develop a full understanding of individual profiles of specific clients within the portfolio of Cause4, and use this to develop Fundraising Strategies, Cases for Support and other funding documents.
- To produce final funding applications and proposals for Senior Managers to sign off and to support the Development Manager in reviewing applications of other staff.
- To coordinate a personal portfolio of client and project work and to support junior team members in developing their own skills.
- To identify all appropriate potential sources of income that will meet the funding requirements of a range of clients across the scope of Cause4’s strategic work streams.
- To develop a greater understanding of individual and corporate giving and support the Cause4 team in developing key proposals to potential corporate sponsors and individual donors.
- To develop and support interns and Associates (where appropriate) in meeting their goals and targets, ensuring a healthy and robust team culture and to manage interns as required.
- To undertake training and client placements as required.
- To manage client and internal Cause4 events where appropriate, including occasional evening and weekend work where required.
- To actively contribute to the development of cause4.co.uk, social media and our blog, including working with members of senior management to actively develop the organisation’s digital work.
- To represent Cause4 externally when required and to proactively promote Cause4 at external events.
- To lead on internal team brainstorms and deliver internal training sessions and provide one to one training / support sessions with individual team members.
- To contribute to Cause4’s overall business development.
EXPERIENCE AND KEY COMPETENCIES
The successful candidate will need:
- A minimum of two-years’ experience in working within a charitable organisation or agency, with proven success in fundraising or marketing (essential);
- A thorough approach to research and attention to detail for the production of fundraising applications;
- Exceptional writing skills and an ability to write in a range of different styles;
- To be comfortable when working to tight deadlines, and able to turn work around within a short time span where demands are liable to change at short notice;
- Strong administrative skills, an ability to manage an individual project and able to support junior members of staff;
- Excellent social skills, able to operate with diplomacy, tact and empathy;
- To be outwardly focussed and aware of new developments and sector trends and able to relate how developments in different arenas can work to the benefit of the organisation;
- An ability to think laterally to maximise opportunities to promote the work of the organisation;
- Conscientious, with a positive ‘can do’ attitude, and a team player who is also able to work independently;
- Passionate commitment to the work of charities, and a strong awareness of sector potential in a challenging funding context.
- An exciting opportunity to join a growing team, in a thriving co-working space (Mindspace) that hosts weekly events, including yoga, networking opportunities, skills development sessions, pizza parties and more.
- Regular performance and salary reviews, good pension and benefits.
- 22 days holiday a year in addition to relevant public holidays.
- Regular team events and celebrations.
- Cause4 is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from people from the widest possible diversity of backgrounds, cultures and experiences.
- Send your CV and cover letter to Annie Jarvis, Development Manager at email@example.com
- Application deadline 1st August
- First stage interviews week commencing week beginning 6th August