Cause4 is recruiting an Office Manager (maternity cover)
JOB TITLE: Office Manager (maternity cover)
REPORTING TO: Chief Executive, Cause4
JOB PURPOSE: The role of the Office Manager is to support the Senior Management Team by providing general office management and administrative support, and to maintain the smooth functioning of our central London office building at Artillery Passage, E1. This is a key coordination role in a small, friendly team, to support the efficient running of our office.
START DATES: Friday 24 and Monday 27 November 2017 for handover with post holder (tbc)
SALARY AND BENEFITS:
- £30,000 (pro rata of 40-hour week). Initial 6-month fixed term contract with potential to extend to one year (part-time, 16 hours a week, flexible options considered)
- Contributory personal stakeholder pension scheme
- Death in Service cover of four times salary
- Income protection cover for long-term sickness
- Health cash plan
- 22 days holiday each year plus bank holidays (pro rata)
Cause4 champions new ways of scaling up charities and social enterprises supporting them to change and grow. A small team but with big ambition and a big heart, it’s not the size of project that matters to us but whether it can make an impact. Provoking change is at the heart of our mission.
Cause4 works in partnership with corporations, charities and people to develop important charitable projects, create new business models, as well as to raise vital funds working across the charity, arts, sports and education sectors. Learning lessons from the private sector to benefit not-for-profit organisations, since set up in May 2009, Cause4 has raised over £46 million for clients, and is committed to helping attract the best graduate talent to work on some of the charitable sector’s most pressing issues.
As a social enterprise and certified B-Corporation, Cause4 measures its social impact based on the level of income achieved for clients, and the associated impact of programmes across multiple beneficiary communities. We also evaluate the effect of our talent development programmes and the leadership journey of our graduates.
Curious – our culture seeks to foster ideas, encourage considered risk-taking and support creativity that will achieve the best results.
Ambitious – we actively encourage partnerships and collaboration, supporting organisations to be open to change in a fast-changing environment.
United – we put team-working and collaboration at the heart of all our work.
Straight-talking – we are straightforward and honest, and our communications are simple and jargon-free.
Entrepreneurial – we aim to develop dynamic and entrepreneurial business models that support sustainable and cost-effective programmes for charities.
- To oversee all aspects of office management including monitoring the costs of occupation of the office premises and rental income.
- To liaise with the landlord and other service providers in respect of maintaining our office lease and ensuring good relations with the associated service providers.
- To ensure the office environment is clean, tidy and welcoming for staff and visitors at all times.
- To take responsibility for high levels of Customer Service and to support the team to develop its Customer Service orientation.
- To be the main contact for tenants, office suppliers and repairs, organising maintenance and repairs as needed and being the key coordinator for office supplies and utilities management.
- To organise the post on a daily basis, banking cheques and managing supplies etc.
- To take charge of liaison with Health and Safety supplier, First Aid and Fire Safety procedures.
- To coordinate Health and Safety compliance, across the building.
- To work with the CEO to update the staff handbook quarterly.
- To liaise with accredited providers such as Investors in People, B-Corp, London Living Wage in respect of ongoing use of kite-marks etc.
- To support the CEO to prepare client and staff contracts as required, and to support aspects of client project management as needed.
- To maintain holiday records for staff and to support staff social events.
- To undertake light-touch diary coordination for the CEO and senior team when needed.
- To support booking travel arrangements for the senior team when needed.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required
- Some experience of working in a team in a small charity or company in an administrative capacity.
- Excellent social and communication skills; able to operate with diplomacy, tact and empathy.
- Outwardly focused and interested, in order to be aware of new developments and sector trends, and able to relate how developments in different arenas such as Health and Safety can work to the benefit of the organisation.
- Ability to think laterally to maximise opportunities to promote the work of the organisation.
Please forward a covering letter outlining your interest in this role (no more than 1 page A4) and your CV to email@example.com
Applications close at 5pm on Monday 16 October 2017 with first interviews expected to be held week commencing 30 October.