Emerging Chairs Programme - Virtual
Emerging Chairs - a programme to support those taking on charity leadership roles.
The acclaimed Trustee Leadership Programme has now launched an enriching career development opportunity, offered over one day, to cover the key considerations and skills needed to chair a Board of Trustees.
Too often Trustees find themselves chairing a Board with the ultimate responsibility for the charity’s success and sustainability but with little support or training. Just as with any organisation, the buck stops with its leadership and Chairs of charities need to feel empowered to know what is expected of them.
The programme is suitable for those who aspire to become Chairs of a charity or for existing Chairs who wish to progress and develop within their role. All participants must have experience as charity Trustees. These practical sessions will also provide time for Q&A.
The programme will take place virtually via Zoom.
Emerging Chairs Programme: 29th November 2023, 9:30am - 4:30pm
- Module 1: Leading a Board of Trustees
- Module 2: Supporting the Senior Management Team
- Module 3: Developing a Long-Term Business Plan and Strategy
- Module 4: Fundraising and Marketing
- Module 5: Challenges for Charity Chairs
The Emerging Chairs Programme is now Approved by the Institute of Leadership & Management, so participants can now opt to receive certification on completion of the course. This is a valuable way to demonstrate your continuing professional development and to showcase your commitment to becoming an effective board member.
We are delighted to announce that we are introducing a bursary scheme for our Trustee Leadership Programme. Bursary places are available to anyone who is from a background currently underrepresented in fundraising or governance, or who is unable to afford a full price place.
We know there are many reasons why increasing diversity on boards is important, and we are committed to doing our part to support this change.
“Tackling entrenched attitudes on your board can be challenging, however the improved diversity of thought on the board, and the inclusion of those with a sense of what your beneficiaries are facing, will be advantageous.”
- Margery Infield, New Philanthropy Capital
We have developed two strands to this new offer:
- If you’d like to support us with our commitment to increasing representation, you can choose to add an extra £10 when booking to help us to offer even more places to those who would not otherwise be able to attend our training.
- If you’d like to be in receipt of a bursary place, you can get in touch with us we will ask you to submit a short expression of interest form. If you meet our requirements above, our bursary offer will reduce the price of a ticket to £10+VAT.
To find out more about how to apply and our social impact please get in touch with the team on firstname.lastname@example.org
“The trustee programme was really insightful and gave me an opportunity to understand these roles in a way I wouldn't have been able to prior to the course. Trusteeships had always appeared inaccessible to me, but this course has given me the confidence to approach and apply for posts that I previously thought were out of reach.”
- Izzy Rhodes, TLP Participant
Tickets cost £85 + VAT plus processing and banking fees.
Please complete this form to confirm your place.
If you wish to receive Institute of Leadership & Management Certification, the additional cost is £60 (inclusive of VAT).
If you wish to receive this certificate, please pay for it here.
If you have any other questions, please also email email@example.com.
T: 020 7247 2963
Booking terms and conditions can be read here.