Who we are
Cause4 is a social enterprise and B-Corporation launched in May 2009 to support charities, social enterprises and philanthropists in development and fundraising across the charity, arts, sports and educational sectors in the UK and internationally.
Cause4 is registered as a company in England and Wales under registration number 06658983.
Cause4 is committed to protecting your personal information and being transparent about what information we hold about you. Under no circumstances will we sell, rent or trade email lists with other companies, charities, or businesses for marketing services.
This notice explains:
- What information we may collect about you
- How we may use that information
- In what situations we may disclose your details to third parties
- Information about how we keep your personal information secure, how we maintain it for and your rights to be able to access it Controller
Cause4 is the controller and responsible for your personal data (collectively referred to as “we”, “us” or “our” in this privacy notice).
We have appointed a data privacy manager who is responsible for overseeing questions in relation to this privacy notice. If you have any questions about this privacy notice, including any requests to exercise your legal rights, please contact the data privacy manager using the details set out below.
Our full details are: Full name of legal entity: Cause4 Ltd
Name or title of data privacy manager: Ben Wilson
Email address: email@example.com
Postal address: Cause4, Mindspace 8th floor, 9 Appold St, London, EC2A 2AP
You have the right to make a complaint at any time to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues (www.ico.org.uk). We would, however, appreciate the chance to deal with your concerns before you approach the ICO so please contact us in the first instance.
If you remain dissatisfied then you have the right to apply directly to the Information Commissioner for a decision. The Information Commissioner can be contacted at:
– The Information Commissioner, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow Cheshire SK9 5AF
Switchboard: 01625 545 700
Data Protection Help Line: 01625 545 745
Changes to this Privacy Notice
This version was last updated in April 2018.
It is important that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your personal data changes during your relationship with us.
Types of data we collect
We may collect, use, store and transfer different kinds of personal data about you which we have grouped together follows:
- Identity Data includes first name, maiden name, last name, username or similar identifier, title, date of birth and gender.
- Contact Data includes billing address, delivery address, email address and telephone numbers.
- Financial Data includes bank account and payment card details.
- Transaction Data includes details about payments to and from you and other details of memberships and conference bookings you have purchased from us.
- Technical Data includes internet protocol (IP) address, your login data, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access this website.
- Profile Data includes your username and password, registrations made by you, your interests, preferences, feedback and survey responses.
- Usage Data includes information about how you use our website, products and services.
- Marketing and Communications Data includes your preferences in receiving marketing from us and our third parties and your communication preferences
We do not collect any Special Categories of Personal Data about you (this includes details aboutyour race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health and genetic and biometric data). Nor do we collect any information about criminal convictions and offences.
When someone visits www.cause4.co.uk, we use a third party service, Google Analytics, to collect standard internet log information and details of visitor behaviour patterns. We do this to find out things such as the number of visitors to the various parts of the site. This information is only processed in a way which does not identify anyone. We do not make, and do not allow Google to make, any attempt to find out the identities of those visiting our website.