How to Write Great Applications
This course explores the key skills needed to write strong applications to win funding from Trusts and Foundations. At a time of emergency for the arts, where more applications are being written and read than ever before, there has never been a more important time to learn how to communicate your story to funders and to stand out from the crowd.
Who is this for?
This course is aimed at those new to writing applications from trusts and foundations, or for those just looking for a refresher in a key aspect of fundraising following the Covid-19 crisis.
You will learn:
• How to generate great fundraising ideas and to build a Case for Support
• To understand what funders will be looking for post Covid-19
• How to craft an effective fundraising story
• How to write persuasively to win funding
• How to build relationships with Trusts and Foundations for the long-term
• How to respond to funding criteria
• A range of innovative research techniques
• How to prepare effective budgets that tell a story
• The latest trends in Trust and Foundation fundraising
This course covers the following Occupational Standards for Arts Fundraising. Find out more about our Occupational Standards here:
AFNOS 6 – P1, P4, K4, K8, K9, K10, K11, K15
AFNOS 9 – P5, P6, P7, P12, P13, P17, P18, K8, K13, K17, K18, K19, K21