Trustee Leadership Programme - July 2021
The Trustee Leadership Programme is back
Delivered by social enterprise Cause4 in partnership with the Clothworkers’ Company, this award-winning Trustee course now trains over 500 Trustees a year and gives professionals the skills and confidence to join a charity as a board member.
An enriching career development opportunity offered across two online sessions, the course covers the key responsibilities of Trustees and other regulatory issues alongside real-world insights from experts from across the charity sector.
Course Details - Virtual - July 2021
28th July 2021 (Wed), 2pm - 4:30pm - Modules 1 and 2, & Guest Speaker
You will cover issues including:
- an overview of the charity sector and the importance of Trustees; and
- governance and strategic planning.
29th July 2021 (Thurs), 2pm - 5pm - Modules 3 and 4, & Charity Matching Event
You will cover issues including:
- financial management; and
- an introduction to fundraising.
The first session is enhanced by an expert guest speaker, discussing their experiences as a Trustee, and answering questions.
At the Charity Matching Event, delegates will be supported to find a new board role through a "speed-dating" session with charity leaders seeking new Trustees.
The programme also includes bespoke matching support, where we use your interests, skillset and location preferences to find relevant Trustee vacancies from our network, helping participants on each programme to join Boards as Trustees.
The sessions give participants extensive time for Q&A, allowing for specific queries about governance and trusteeship to be addressed..
Sign up today to develop your leadership skills and strengthen UK charities.
The Trustee Leadership Programme is now Approved by the Institute of Leadership & Management, so participants can now opt to receive certification on completion of the course. This is a valuable way to demonstrate your continuing professional development and to showcase your commitment to becoming an effective board member.
What others say
Clearly articulated with a wide range of information provided and questions answered. Having a guest speaker and charity speed dating really brought it to life and gave meaning and context. - Lucy C-W, Local Government
Extremely helpful. It provided a real insight into the work of trustees. I liked the ability to ask questions of the Trustees and gain an understanding of the needs and issues faced by their charities. I’d definitely recommend. – Debbie K, Government solicitor
The structure of the course was ideal, I was able to comprehend and digest the responsibilities and expectations of a Trustee. - Rafia F, UBS
- Notes will be made available before the session for you to familiarise yourself with them if you like. We can provide these in the colour combination/font size that is most readable for you, please request this on booking.
- Please let us know when booking if it would be helpful for slides to be screen reader accessible.
- Please let us know when booking if you would like to request closed captioning of the session through Otter.Ai.
- At some points you may be asked to contribute in smaller breakout rooms with other participants. At the end of these, one participant may be asked to feedback to the full group.
- We encourage participants to keep their cameras on so that the speaker can engage with the full group. If you would be more comfortable doing so you can keep your camera off.
- Organised breaks are scheduled throughout our sessions. You can turn your camera off or take a break at any point outside this.
We are happy to arrange any other modifications that you think might improve your experience and help you get the most out of the training.
Tickets for the virtual course cost £109.22 (inclusive of VAT and processing fees)
If you wish to receive Institute of Leadership & Management Certification, the additional cost is £60 (inclusive of VAT).
If you wish to receive this certificate, please pay for it here.
If you have any other questions, please also email firstname.lastname@example.org.
T: 020 7247 2963
Booking terms and conditions can be read here.