Heritage Compass is growing!
Recruitment is now open from 1 Nov 2021 – 16 Dec 2021, for more small to medium orgs to join for a 12 month programme.
In 2020 Cause4 launched Heritage Compass - a brand-new Business Support Programme funded by the National Lottery Heritage Fund and the Department for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport. Working with our consortium partners Creative United and the Arts Marketing Association this new programme has been designed to grow resilience and invigorate the heritage sector across England.
Thanks to additional funding from the Heritage Fund, we are delighted to be able to open up participation in the programme to more heritage organisations.
Want to learn more about what you'll get out of Heritage Compass?
Join Head of Programme Shirley Lundstram at one of our free Q&As:
- Thursday 18th November 2021, midday – 1pm
- Thursday 9th December 2021, midday – 1pm
Heritage Compass is supporting the sector to develop essential skills in business planning, audience development, leadership and change management, with the aim of creating a better connected, informed and resilient heritage landscape across England.
Participating organisations will benefit from a range of training, mentoring and peer learning, through which each organisation will develop a clear business plan, a developed income strategy and the tools and knowledge to respond to their specific needs and challenges. The 12-month project is free to take part in and there are a number of access grants are available to ensure that all organisations are able to engage fully.
Who can apply?
In order to apply you need to:
- Have a maximum turnover of £1,000,000.
- Be considered a heritage organisation as defined by the Heritage Fund.
- Be either a Start-Up; Registered Charity; Charitable Incorporated Organisation; Community Interest Company; Social Enterprise; B Corporation or Not-For-Profit. If your heritage organisation is part of a local authority service or large organisation such as a University you can still apply if the service area turnover has a maximum turnover of £1,000,000.
- Be based within England.
- Be at a Manager level or above (can be in a high-level voluntary role i.e. a Trustee).